An empty property is not only losing rental income but also becomes a liability. As soon as we are instructed on a property, our aim is to find you a suitable tenant who will take care of the property and pay a market rent.

We know that our clients often do not want to be involved in the minutiae of residential lettings so we also provide a property management service, keeping abreast of regulations on behalf of our clients.

Fee Guides

Landlord Fees

Landlord fees Schedule

Consents to Let

Once you have made the decision to rent out your property, you must obtain the necessary consents from any other interested parties which may include the following:


If there is a mortgage, all the paperwork must be in place to allow the landlord to let the property.


As the landlord and owner of the property, the landlord remains responsible for insuring the building. We would advise you discuss this with your insurance company and would recommend that your cover is extended to cover kitchen and bathroom fittings and floor coverings.

Leasehold Property

If your property is leasehold, you may need to seek permission from the management company and / or freeholders. You will need to check your head lease for any specific clauses and ideally provide us with a copy so we can ensure all aspects are covered in your tenancy agreement.

Overseas Landlords

If you reside in another country (outside of the UK) for at least six months of any tax year, then you will need to apply to HMRC to become a Non-Resident Landlord (NRL). The Non-Resident Landlord (NRL) application is available online. HMRC will process your application and issue you with an NRL Certificate. Please note this will need to be done for each individual landlord of the property that lives abroad so if it is jointly owned you will need separate applications. Without an NRL certificate, we are required to deduct basic rate tax from any rental income received and send this to HMRC on your behalf.

Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

Landlords who are processing personal data should be registered with the ICO. There are exemptions but these are limited as most landlords process data via mobile phones, PCs or tablets.

Safety Legislation

Prior to letting your property, you need to ensure that your property is compliant. We are obviously happy to advise and assist where possible but the following is a guide which highlights issues to consider:

  • Furnishing and Fire Regulations
  • Electrical Installation Condition Report
  • Gas Safety Record
  • PAT Test on portable electrical items
  • Legionella Risk Assessment
  • Energy Performance Certificate
  • Oil Boiler Certificate
  • Chimney Sweep Certificate
  • Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Regulations
  • Fee Guide
  • Our fee structure is advertised online.